24 March 2010 — VoiceTone Synth already packs some of the most sought-after vocal processing tools into a convenient and compact pedal. It’s become the industry-standard vocal processing pedal for anyone wanting live automatic tuning aka “HardTune” effects, allowing them to replicate sounds from artists like T-Pain, Cher and Kanye West.
VoiceTone Synth has also become a favorite among creative vocalists wanting eerie electronic Vocoder effects, or as a simple yet powerful digital talkbox for guitarists who sing.
Now, with the latest 1.1 firmware update, TC-Helicon has added even more features to this already indispensable and incredibly versatile vocal processor. These include significantly lower latency for the lead voice, a Chromatic mode for scale-free operation, and alternate HardTune settings that allow more natural-sounding pitch correction when required.
New features include:
• Chromatic mode allows complete vocal freedom with HardTune and voice-to-synth vocoder
• Natural pitch correction styles available with HardTune block
• Improved instrument vocoder presets for use by guitarist singers
• Significantly lower lead voice latency
• Improved megaphone styles
• MIDI improvements over USB including patch change and channel select for those integrating Synth into their computer-centric electronic music setup.
• User interface fixes and improvements