8 Jan 2010 — With TC’s Vintage Guitar Pedal Bundle, PowerCore users now have the chance to add five of the most sought-after vintage guitar effects pedals to their plug-in collections – including the unique SCF, TC’s legendary Stereo Chorus Flanger.
That plug-in list in full: SCF (Stereo Chorus Flanger), Booster/Distortion, XII Phaser, Sustainer/Parametric EQ, Dual Parametric Equalizer…
These five plug-ins are exact software replicas of the first five products ever to roll off the TC production line. The bundle has been lovingly created using the original schematics of these ultrarare and collectible hardware pedals, ensuring that the software gives the exact same results as the original vintage hardware.
When combined, these five plug-ins compliment each other superbly, putting powerful sonic tools at your fingertips and giving almost unrivalled tone-shaping potential. Developed for guitar but with character enough to stamp their authority on any sound, the Vintage Guitar Pedal Bundle represents a milestone in sonic purity and depth of tone.
Available: Spring 2010 in VST or AU formats for PowerCore users on Mac or PC.
The plug-ins in more detail
• The Holy Grail of stereo chorus and flanging
• Used by countless pros, including Erik Johnson, Robben Ford, John Petrucci…
• Though originally intended for use with guitar, many keyboard players have adapted the SCF in their setup – especially to give the extra ‘touch’ on Rhodes electric pianos
• Unique sound revered by musicians and studio engineers
• Original hardware based on carefully selected high-end military-grade components
• Raw, un-tamed and decidedly vintage flavor distortion
• Transparent boost that will not color your tone
• The sound of vintage tube amps cranked to high levels
• Use it to push tube amps into even higher gears
• Used by top end pros such as Scott Ian (Anthrax) and Allan Holdsworth
• Built-in noise gate that holds feedback in a firm leg lock, only letting through the boosted – yet uncolored – roaring signal from your strokes
• From ethereal sounds to extremely grungy effects and everything in between
• Other phasing effects can add subtle and almost inaudible nuances to your tone, but with TC XII Phaser you’re in doubt whether or not it’s switched into the signal path
• Great on clean funky chords to overdriven riffs to super-saturated leads
• Integral 4-8-12 filter selector offers a variety of settings that radically altering the phasing from wild, lo-fi retro to pure grandiosity and back again
• Sustainer section prolongs the life of even the weakest tone otherwise destined for premature death
• Combine sustain and EQ to greatly enhance tone
• Subtle compression to extreme sustain effects, all at the turn of a knob
• Cranked to extreme levels to give your sound that percussive ‘thud’ – brilliant for funk or country
• Parametric EQ puts you in full control of which frequencies to target
Dual Parametric Equalizer
• Enriches sound – cleans up tone and adds focus
• The secret weapon of many pros musicians and producers
• Dual EQ: shape those lower frequencies while boosting the midrange
• The perfect ‘go-to’ parametric EQ. DPE became an iconic tone-shaping device for acoustic and electric guitar but adds presence, focus and weight to any audio signal.
Note: the Vintage Guitar Pedal Bundle is for 2nd generation PowerCores only. Supported PowerCores are: PowerCore PCI Mk.II, PowerCore Unplugged, PowerCore Express, PowerCore Compact, PowerCore FireWire, PowerCore X8 and PowerCore 6000
All of the pedals in the Vintage Guitar Pedal bundle have been developed in association with Audiffex www.audiffex.com