8 Jan 2010 — TC-Helicon is renowned for delivering the best tools for enhancing vocal performances and VoiceTone Harmony-G XT is no exception. As well as improved harmony technology and reverb taken from its big brother VoiceLive 2, Harmony-G XT now adds Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction – available as a free download for all Harmony-G XT owners.
What is Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction?
With Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction TC-Helicon has just made it even easier to deliver pitch-perfect vocals every time. Regular pitch tuning woks to a key or scale, but with Auto- Chromatic Pitch Correction there’s no scale or key setting, allowing vocalists to plug in a mic and deliver perfect vocals every time.
The typical adjustments of key, scale and attack time aren’t present because the chromatic scale works for all Western scale-based songs and the rest of the parameters are pre-set. Simply double-click the Tone button and pitch correction is engaged. With Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction the only controls are On/Off.
The update is available free via TC-Helicon’s VoiceSupport application using Harmony- G XT’s USB connector. The update will be available in January. For more on VoiceSupport click: www.tc-helicon.com/voicesupport
New Features in VoiceTone Harmony-G XT…
A wealth of new features make Harmony-G XT a better-sounding and easier-to-use vocal effect foot-pedal:
• Auto-Chromatic pitch correction gives perfect pitch every time
• Improved NaturalPlay guitar-controlled harmony algorithm
• Front-of-house quality reverb algorithm and selection of styles from VoiceLive 2
• Selection of four overdub-style doubling effects with two more doubling voices available
• Reworked FX presets offer even more utility across music styles
• USB connection for easy software updates, tips, and preset backup using the included VoiceSupport applet
• Adaptive harmony gate added to Tone for a cleaner mix
• Easy manual selection of Scale & Key for singers without an instrument or horn players
Some of the features that made the original Harmony-G such a success
• Listens to guitar and voice to create correct harmony parts automatically
• Tone switch smoothes vocals with adaptive Live Engineer Effects
• 18 combinations of reverb, delay and μmod shared by vocal and guitar input
• 10 presets available, each with A/B options
• Harmony interval selection includes 3rds and 5ths above and below, octave up and down, and the unique Bass interval
• Stereo or mono configurable output
• Clean, studio-quality mic preamp with phantom power and XLR input
• Guitar signal can be mixed in and share reverb or passed through to separate amplifier
• Fast, accurate guitar tuner