“Over the past several years, more and more musicians, both professional and amateur, have taken recording into their own hands at home, on the road, in their bedroom, basement, tour bus…wherever,” said Chad Wiggins, Shure’s Category Manager for Wired Microphones. “With this new product, we’re bringing the legendary heritage of Shure microphones to every level of performer and home recording artist as the proliferation of digital recording continues.”
The X2u Adapter is a modular accessory that connects any XLR microphone to a computer to create better-than-CD quality recordings. As home recording flourishes, the X2u redefines what musicians and podcasters can do in their homes and on the go. The X2u mimics the sleek, beautiful design of Shure’s iconic SM57 and SM58® microphones and can be used unobtrusively for live and in-studio recording.
The X2u’s unique features include:
• USB “Plug and Play” Connectivity: Enables the convenience of digital recording, anywhere your computer can go (compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X 10.1 or above).
• Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control: Allows precise control of input signal level to prevent overload of the analog-to-digital converter.
• Zero Latency Monitoring: Enables real-time playback and facilitates multi-tracking with no disorientating echo.
• Headphone Jack: For monitoring with standard 1/8” connectivity.
• Monitor Mix Control: For blending microphone and playback audio.
• 48-volt Phantom Power: For compatibility with all condenser microphones.
Pricing and Availability
• X2u Adapter: $129.00 retail [$154.00 MSRP]
• SM58/X2u Bundle: $199.00 retail [$298.00 MSRP]
• SM57/X2u Bundle: $199.00 retail [$298.00 MSRP]
The X2u Signal Adapter carries a two-year limited warranty and can be purchased at select retail partners or on www.shure.com. Check www.shure.com for a complete list of Authorized Dealers.