24th March 2009, NEW YORK, NY — Aguilar Amplification, manufacturer of high-quality bass amplifiers, speaker cabinets and accessories for bassists is pleased to announce the release of the DB 751 bass amplifier. Aguilar President Dave Boonshoft notes that, “This amp is a logical evolution from the DB 750. The DB 751 gives you access to a myriad of great bass tones thanks to its powerful and flexible EQ”.
The DB 751 features an all-new hybrid preamp that combines the legendary tube-driven tone of the DB 750 with active boost and cut for greater EQ control. A perfect combination of raw power and excellent tone, the DB 751 continues the legacy set by the world-famous DB 750. Delivering 975 Watts at 2 ohms and 750 Watts at 4 ohms this amp has the headroom you need to play any size venue.
• Power Output: 975 watts @ 2 ohms, 750 watts @ 4 ohms
• Preamp Section: Three 12AX7s
• EQ Section: hybrid active/passive tone stack: bass: +12 / -12 @ 40Hz; midrange: +12 / -12 @ 750Hz; treb: +12 / -7 @ 4kHz
• Jensen XLR balanced output
• High quality whisper fans with speed control
• Rack Size: Three Spaces
• Weight: 42 lbs
• Includes detachable rack ears
The DB 751 will carry a MSRP of $2695 and will be available at Aguilar dealers worldwide at the beginning of May 2009.