Both Bootsy Collins Signature variants, Black Star and Orange Star, are based on the Warwick Infinity 4-string bass, thus offering the same warm characteristics as the Infinity serial model, which is known for its semi-resonant construction. The combination of a maple neck with an ovangkol body provides a tight and focused tone, while the rosewood fingerboard provides a touch of warmth. Wild, flashy, and funky finishes – available with black stars on the Black Star model and orange stars on the Orange model – capture Bootsy’s personal aesthetic with imaginative appeal. Black and silver flames dash out of the bass’s distinct f-holes and the matching stars on the headstock and fingerboard immediately set this unique Warwick bass apart from all others, especially on stage.
The Warwick Bootsy Collins Infinity Signature Bass is equipped with active MEC Jazz- and Twin Jazz-pickups. The MEC 3-band EQ turns this bass into an extremely flexible beast! The bass was designed in cooperation with Bootsy Collins and, like Bootzilla himself, represents the Funk genre like nobody’s business.
Warwick Bootsy Collins Infinity Black Star Signature Bass Specifications
- Body made of Maple (front side) and Ovangkol (back side)
- Maple neck, neck through
- Available only as 4-string right-handed model
- Rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets
- Matched headstock with Bootsy portrait
- Bootsy Collins star fingerboard inlays
- active MEC TJ/J pickups
- active MEC 3-band electronics
- Silver Metal Flake finish with black or orange airbrush design
- Original Warwick hardware, chrome
- Dome speed knobs with star inlay
- Bootsy Collins signature on the truss rod cover
- Individually issued certificate of originality