MIAMI, FL - June 16, 2008 - Alienware - the leading manufacturer of high-performance desktop, notebook and entertainment systems - reaffirms its commitment to providing only the most advanced graphics technology by offering the all-new NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 280 GPUs with the Area-51® family of desktop computers. Designed for unprecedented gaming performance, users can select the 602MHz GeForce GTX 280 GPU with a full 1GB of memory.
While the Alienware Area-51 7500 will support only a single GeForce GTX 280 GPU, the flagship Area-51 desktop will feature both a single card option and a dual-SLI® configuration. For gamers looking for a true burst of graphics power, the legendary Area-51 ALX desktop offers a 3-way SLI configuration for the world’s most advanced, most powerful graphics solution.
Features of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 200 line of graphics cards include:
- 2nd Generation NVIDIA Unified Architecture - 192 enhanced processor cores deliver 50- percent more gaming performance over the first-generation NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra GPU architecture.
- 3-way SLI Support - The leading graphics technology provides the world’s fastest gaming solution.
- NVIDIA PhysX™-Ready - Onboard physics processing offers dynamic, life-like game environments for a more intense gaming experience.
- DirectX® 10 Support - Full support for Shader Model 4.0 brings cinematic effects and excitement to the leading next-generation games.
- 16x Anti-aliasing Technology - Reduce jagged edges for a smoother image and more immersive gaming.
- NVIDIA CUDA Technology: With the power of NVIDIA CUDA™ technology and the new CUDA runtime for Windows Vista, programmers can now offload the most intensive processing tasks from the CPU to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 200 GPUs, putting the power of up to 240 multi-threaded processor cores to work
“Alienware has always and will always equip our award-winning desktops with only the most advanced components available,’ says Marc Diana, Product Marketing Manager for Alienware. “That’s why we’re thrilled to offer the Area-51 family of desktops with the GeForce GTX 280 graphics card. The combination of Alienware’s expert engineering and the world’s most powerful GPUs creates an unbeatable gaming experience.’
“Alienware desktop PCs are the perfect vehicle for our new GeForce GTX 280 GPU,’ said Ujesh Desai, general manger of desktop GPU business at NVIDIA. “We are excited that Alienware’s customers will be able to push the graphics and gaming boundaries of their PCs, and experience a whole new level of visual computing.’
“We’ve got industry-leading graphics, awesome performance and expert engineering,’ remarked Diana. “That’s why hardcore gamers love us, and we definitely want to keep returning that love by giving them more of what they want.’