Minneapolis – September 11, 2008 – MakeMusic, Inc. (Nasdaq: MMUS) announced today the release of SmartMusic 11, a free update for all current subscribers of SmartMusic, the unique music learning software for band, orchestra and choir. Highlights of the update include:
- Easier set-up with fewer screens
- New band and orchestra titles – Hundreds of new titles have been released over the summer and more are on the way, which will bring the total to more than 1,400 band and orchestra titles.
- New method books for young band and orchestra students in years 2 and 3 of their development.
- Assessment improvements for all instruments.
- Automated weekly rhythm assignments and printable gradebook reports in SmartMusic Impact, Illinois and North Carolina state scales, a selection of new jazz standards recorded by Wynton Marsalis and more.
- Support for files created in Finale 2009, which makes it easier for teachers to create their own assessable SmartMusic content.
“As more and more teachers enthusiastically embrace SmartMusic, it is important that they and their students find SmartMusic to be easy and obvious to use,” stated MakeMusic co-CEO and founder John Paulson. “To help ensure this, we have visited more than 70 homes to watch students install SmartMusic and complete assignments. SmartMusic 11 reflects what we’ve learned from these visits. We remain dedicated to improving SmartMusic in all ways necessary for it to become the trusted means teachers use to guide and motivate student development while documenting individual student achievement.”