Minneapolis – September 16, 2008 – MakeMusic, Inc. (Nasdaq: MMUS) announced today the release of Finale PrintMusic® 2009. This latest upgrade to MakeMusic’s best-selling music notation software offers an improved, easy-to-use interface and many new features including:
- Streamlined Workflow – The creation, entry, moving and editing of dynamics, tempo indications and other text and markings has been reinvented and simplified.
- Drag and Drop Expressions – Simply drag dynamics, tempo markings and other expressions anywhere in your score.
- Flexible Expression Editing – Quickly change dynamics, tempo markings and other expressions while retaining positioning. Just double-click the expression handle to select another expression.
- Easier Expression Creation – Create new markings quickly with default settings for text, symbols, and for placement and attachment.
- Scanning Improvements – Triplet recognition and improved results when scanning polyphonic music.
- Intuitive Metronome Markings – Now easy to create and dynamically linked to playback so changes to the metronome marking affect your score’s playback tempo.
- Updates to MusicXML – Import and export MusicXML 2.0 files including embedded graphics and compressed files.
- Improved Engraver Slurs – Slurs now appear consistent in all view percentages and in print-outs.
“PrintMusic remains the best-selling music notation software in the world, with units outselling even Finale,” stated Ron Raup, MakeMusic’s co-CEO. “Musicians across the globe have recognized that PrintMusic offers an unprecedented feature set for the price – and that it is very easy to use. Nevertheless, many of the improvements for 2009 further simplify the user experience, making the process of putting engraver-quality music on the printed page quicker and easier than ever before.”
PrintMusic has a list price of $99.95. Upgrades from any earlier versions of PrintMusic are $29.95. Five seat LabPacks are also available.