But the Power Grid is not an untamed beast. The raw horsepower is managed by a multi-element gain and volume control system that allows fine control. For example, if you crank the gain, youll get a very thick, saturated Modded British distortion, reminiscent of the big guitar sounds that defined metal. But if you back the gain off, youll get a very responsive crunch distortion similar to the Rhythm Channel on Duncans SFX-03 Twin Tube Classic stompbox. And in between there are myriad levels of overdrive and distortion.
With the Power Grid, your tone is further refined thanks to three bands of active EQ. Each band allows for up to 12dB of boost or cut at frequencies selected for maximum control of the electric guitar. This allows you to create tones with a far greater degree of surgical precision than whats possible with any distortion pedal with passive EQ. The three-band EQ can take you from dark, swampy grunge sounds to slicing, present treble tones to notched-mid metal and a million points in between all with the precision of a professional mixing console. Its flexible enough to handle everything from a slightly dirty rock riff to a fully saturated, high-gain wall of sound. Despite the extreme gain levels in the SFX-08, its a very dynamic pedal that retains definition and clarity no matter how much gain you run. Plus, like all Seymour Duncan stompboxes, it has true bypass.
With all the power and control built into the SFX-08 Power Grid, it could just be the last distortion pedal you buy. Ever!
- SFX-08 Power Grid Specifications:
- Gain Range: 0 97dB
- EQ Center Frequencies: 100Hz; 1.1 KHz; 4.0 KHz
- Input Impedance: 100KΩ
- Output Impedance: 25KΩ
- Max Output before Saturation: 2.6Vrms
- S/N Ratio: 120dB referred to the input with 20KΩ source impedance
- THD @ 1Vrms out @ 1 KHz with 60dB of gain: 0.12%
- Type of Circuitry: Discrete, class A Bi-polar Transistor
- Power: DC 9 12V; Battery or Regulated DC Adapter
- Current Consumption: 4.5 mA Max
- Dimensions: 5.50 Wide X 5.20 Deep X 2.20 Tall
- Weight: 1.9 Lbs.
- Chassis Material: 16 Gauge Steel with Industrial Grade Footswitch