After nearly a year of experimentation and road testing, Satriani and the VOX R&D team discovered the secrets to capturing the ultimate distortion tone in a modern-day pedal. The Satchurator is capable of very high gain levels but operates more quietly and musically than other modern distortion pedals. It also preserves the tone and pick-attack of the guitarist plugging into it, regardless of style – from subtly distorted blues tones through classic rock and shred. The result is a professional-quality pedal that recaptures sought-after vintage and modern sounds in a powerful, versatile and extremely musical pedal design.
“The Satchurator is the most musical, most dynamic, multi-function distortion pedal I’ve ever played through,” says Satriani. “This little red box is a monster tone generator. Following my specifications without compromise, and adding design innovations I never thought possible, the VOX team has delivered exactly what I need for the stage as well as the studio: a distortion pedal that responds to my touch, and produces a big, natural, harmonically rich tone compatible with any guitar/pedal/amp configuration.”
- Controls for Gain, Tone and Volume
- “More” gain boost switch that enables two footswitchable distortion sounds in one pedal. This gain boost is dramatic when the gain knob is set low, and is a subtle solo boost when gain knob is set to maximum.
- “Pad” switch that maximizes dynamics and tone with bright guitars and/or effects (such as wah) placed before the distortion
- High gain, low noise design provides vintage through modern distortion sounds
- Dynamic circuit is highly responsive to rolling off the guitar’s volume and preserves the guitar’s high end when the volume is rolled off
- Cream-colored chicken head knobs for precise positioning and high visibility on dark stages
The VOX Satchurator analog distortion pedal will be available Summer 2008.