The instrument collections are available individually or as an attractively priced bundle and bring rich, authentic, symphonic sound to Ableton Live. Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion have been painstakingly recorded in a number of velocities and articulations, employing the expertise of world-class musicians, engineers and producers. The Orchestral Instruments are seamlessly integrated into the Ableton Live environment and use a technology called SmartPriming to manage system resources efficiently, providing big symphonic sound with a minimum of CPU action.
The instruments include violin, viola, cello, double bass, French horn, trombone, trumpet, tuba, flute, clarinet, bassoon, oboe, English horn, vibraphone, marimba, xylophone, crotales, glockenspiel, tubular bells, cymbals and timpani. Many instruments are provided in solo and ensemble variants and multiple articulations. Each instrument is available in a high-fidelity version for studio production and a lower-fidelity configuration for decreased overhead and instant performance.
The Orchestral Instruments were produced in partnership with SONiVOX.
Pricing and availability:
- The Orchestral Instruments are available from the Ableton webshop as of May 5, 2008.
- Orchestral Instruments Collection – EUR 499/USD 599
- Orchestral Strings – EUR 159/USD 189
- Orchestral Brass – EUR 159/USD 189
- Orchestral Woodwinds – EUR 159/USD 189
- Orchestral Percussion – EUR 129/USD 159