Montreal, Canada, May 26, 2008 — Released at this past Winter NAMM show in Anaheim and shown in Frankfurt at Musikmesse, the new Godin Summit CT with H.D.R. is a heavy hitter with tons of undeniable tone.
The Summit CT features an eye catching highly figured solid maple carved top (CT) and an extremely resonant solid mahogany string through body. The worn in feel of the Ergocut shaping technique used on its ebony fingerboard facilitates the incredible ease of play of its ultra comfortable mahogany neck. This 24 ¾” scale behemoth is powered by two Seymour Duncan humbuckers. An Alnico 2 in the neck position and a ’59 in the bridge controlled via a 5-way switch, provide huge amounts of tone for many styles of players, most notably, the classic hard-rockin’ variety.
The Summit CT is also another one of the Godin models to feature the innovative High-Definition Revoicer system. The H.D.R. revoices and augments the frequency range of each pickup, redefining their character while allowing the player to go from passive to active pickups with the simple push of a button. The H.D.R. gives guitarists the best of both worlds and provides extra bite and dynamic response. Some of the finishing touches found on the Summit CT include cream binding, a pearloid inlay at the twelfth fret and three beautiful finishes which include a Natural Flame, Trans Black Flame and Sunburst Flame.
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Radius: 16" (40,6 cm)
- Scale: 24 3/4 " (62,9 cm)
- Nut width: 1 11/16" nut width (4,3 cm)
- Body: Solid Mahogany with a highly figured
- carved flame maple solid top
- Pickups: 2 x Seymour Duncan humbuckers
- (Alnico 2 neck / ’59 bridge)
- Bridge: Fixed “tune-o-matic” style bridge
- Controls: 5-way switch, 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone,
- 1 x Godin High-Definition Revoicer
- Colors: Natural Flame, Trans Black Flame & Sunburst Flame
- (Includes deluxe Godin gig bag)