A popular collection featuring book and CD sets, the Versatile series is designed to improve the skill and variety utilized by musicians everywhere. Versatility means being well-rounded, adaptable, and open-minded. In today’s eclectic music business, guitarists are expected to be able to fuse a variety of musical influences to create new and unique sounds. Being well-rounded and knowledgeable helps guitarists become in-demand players. The Versatile Guitarist is the perfect book for guitarists of all ability levels looking to expand their musical knowledge and increase their skills. It introduces the essential elements of each style with examples based on actual songs. By learning about the history and important players of each style, guitarists will better understand what goes into creating a great guitar part. The book also includes general music theory and concepts to improve guitar skill in any style. A CD demonstrating the musical examples is included.
The Versatile Guitarist is now available as a book and CD set for $19.95. To order your copies, visit your local retail store or log on to the Alfred website for a location near you.
- A brief history of each style and a list of influential players
- Musical examples for beginning to advances players
- Fretboard visualization techniques using the CAGED system
- An overview of music theory and notation
- Sample licks and tips on soloing
- Tips for playing acoustic and electric guitar
- Guitar parts in a wide variety of styles, including blues, rock, heavy metal, reggae, ska, funk, jazz, classical, and Latin.