A popular collection featuring book and CD sets, the Versatile series is designed to improve the skill and variety utilized by musicians everywhere. Versatility means being well-rounded, adaptable, and open-minded. Drummers are often called upon to play in a wide range of styles and genres. This is especially true in today’s eclectic music industry, where the most exciting new bands tend to be those who fuse a variety of musical styles to create a unique sound. The Versatile Drummer is for drummers of all ability levels looking to expand their musical knowledge and increase their skills, which, in turn, helps get more gigs. The book is designed to unleash the inner musician and teach drummers to be flexible, adaptable players. A CD demonstrating the musical examples in the book is included.
The Versatile Drummer is now available as a book and CD set for $19.95. To order your copies, visit your local retail store or log on to the Alfred website for a location near you.
- Practical advice for becoming a versatile and in-demand drummer
- Exercises to strengthen essential reading skills
- Techniques for developing a solid, consistent groove
- Practice tips to speed development
- Styles including rock, funk, blues, shuffle, Afro-Cuban, reggae, hip-hop, reggaeton, jungle, drum ‘n’ bass, bossa nova, samba, and jazz
- Suggested listening for bands and drummers in each style.