The SATISFECIT award recognizes innovative products that solve problems, make daily work easier, and/or represent a dramatic improvement in cost effectiveness. Judges for the SATISFECIT award comprised a distinguished panel of French production, postproduction, and video professionals:
- Olivier Binet - PDG Tapages Olivier Binet - PDG Tapages
- Jacques Pigeon - Monteur, truquiste Jacques Pigeon - Assembler, truquiste
- Alain Chaptal - Journaliste - Sonovision Broadcast Alain Chaptal - Journalist - Sonovision Broadcast
- Antoine Gruber Directeur de Play & Pause Director Antoine Gruber & Play Pause
- Jean Christophe Coin - Directeur technique - Groupe Transatlantic Jean Christophe Coin - CTO - Groupe Transatlantic
- Patrick Lespagnol - Directeur technique - Quinta Industries Patrick Lespagnol - CTO - Quinta Industries
- Jean-Baptiste Neyrac - Directeur Général - Neyrac Films Jean-Baptiste Neyrac - CEO - Neyrac Films
- Jacqueline Delaunay - Directrice générale - Tatou Jacqueline Delaunay - General Manager - Tatou
The SatisFecit awards, reinitiated this year to mark the 25th anniversary of SATIS, recognise the most innovative products on the market across three categories - Production, Post-production, and Broadcast.
A huge number of manufacturers, excited by this initiative, registered their products in this competition. From these entries a total of 51 products were short listed for the subject of careful study by the jury, composed of experts from the professional audiovisual community, and the public. From this final short list only 23 products were chosen for awards for demonstrating their innovation and competition to the highest possible level from the entire audio industry. These products were also judged by visitors who use them.
James Young of sE Electronics says “We are extremely proud of this award. Many people doubted the efficacy of a product that, on the face of it, appears so simple. However 2007 has seen us win a large number of awards for the Reflexion Filter, and sales now top 30,000 units. It is one of the most successful products in the audio industry during 2007, and sales continue to grow coming into 2008 as more and more people find it an invaluable tool in project studios, commercial recording studios, broadcast, voice over and many other areas.”
He continues “it is a resounding endorsement of the Reflexion Filter that it is not only hugely popular product, but has also now gained the highest critical acclaim… a rare thing in our industry.”