SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA (October 18, 2007) – The Country Music Association Awards have long been recognized as “Country Music’s Biggest Night,” and this year not one but five of the Ernie Ball Company’s endorsed country music artists have received nominations! Held in Nashville, Tennessee and airing live on ABC, Wednesday, November 7 at 8/7c, the CMA Awards honor the genre’s most talented and influential musicians. Ernie Ball endorsees joining the nominees include:
- Brad Paisley – Leading the race with five nominations, Paisley is in the running for not only Entertainer of the Year and Male Vocalist of the Year – he’s also been nominated for Single of the Year for his song “Tick”; Album of the Year for 5th Gear; and Music Video of the Year for “Online”. He’s previously won seven CMA Awards throughout his career including Album of the Year in 2006, Music Video of the Year in 2002 and 2004, Musical Event of the Year in 2004 and 2006, Vocal Event of the Year in 2001 and the Horizon Award in 2000.
- Kenny Chesney – Also nominated for Entertainer of the Year and Male Vocalist of the Year, Chesney is additionally in the race for Musical Event of the Year for “Find Out Who Your Friends Are” by Tracy Lawrence, on which he is a featured artist along with Tim McGraw. His final nomination also includes Music Video of the Year for “You Save Me”. CMA Awards to date include Entertainer of the Year in 2004 and 2006 and Album of the Year in 2004 and 2005.
- Big & Rich - Never to go unnoticed, Big & Rich have received nominations for Vocal Duo of the Year as well as Single of the Year for “Lost In This Moment.” The single is also among the nominees for Song of the Year, which credits songwriters and publishers.
- Rascal Flatts - The third Ernie Ball endorsee to be nominated for Entertainer of the Year, Rascal Flatts is also a nominee for the prestigious Vocal Group of the Year award – a category that the group has won every year since 2003. Additional CMA credits include the Horizon Award in 2002.
- Dierks Bentley – Sharing the spotlight for Album of the Year, Bentley joins fellow endorsee Brad Paisley for his hit record Long Trip Alone. He also took home the CMA Horizon Award in 2005.
The CMA Awards represent the pinnacle of achievement for Country Music artists, musicians, producers, publishers, songwriters, video directors and industry executives who work in America’s most popular music genre.