Sold-out Fall tour begins
New York, NY, Sep 4, 2007 — ATO Recording artists” Rodrigo Y Gabriela self-titled debut album graduated from Billboard’s Top Heatseekers Chart and surged up to # 98 on the Top 200 album chart this week. Additionally the album hit # 1 for the first time on the World Albums Chart. After 44 weeks on Billboard’s Heatseekers Chart, this week’s sales of over 7100 copies more than doubled the previous week’s and helped propel Rodrigo y Gabriela to their highest charting position to date.
Rodrigo y Gabriela, already stars in Europe, are now solidifying their U.S. status as the "break-out" success story of 2007. Rolling Stone Magazine dubbed the band a "New Artist to Watch" and the Wall Street Journal identified their debut as possibly "the next Buena Vista Social Club". Billboard Magazine called the band’s debut, "one of the best guitar albums in ages; of the best discs of the year." Adding to their exposure from sold-out touring across the country, the band has found new believers after last week’s massive exposure as MTV’s Artist of the Week.
Since the album’s release in the U.S. less than a year ago, "Rodrigo y Gabriela" has shipped over 200,000 records. Their music has received national radio airplay, critical acclaim and national press attention. Tonight, the group makes their second appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on September 4, 2007, and has performed on The Late Show with Dave Letterman.
The band is currently on the first leg of its Fall U.S. tour, a full list of dates can be found below.
About Rodrigo Y Gabriela:
Rodrigo (Sanchez) and Gabriela (Quintero) are two fast-fingered Mexicans with a unique sound created on acoustic guitars. Their music is difficult to define, straddling both world and rock, and often imbued with timeless Hispano - classical influences. The fire in it comes from their life-long passion for metal music. Last spring, "Rodrigo y Gabriela," beat both the Arctic Monkeys AND Johnny Cash to number one in the Irish charts. Their self titled record has been a success in Australia, UK, Europe and Japan. They are a major touring act throughout Europe, Australia and the UK - where this summer they headlined main stages at Glastonbury, V Fest, and Lattitude. The past year has brought sharp growth to the band in the United States where their debut release has already shipped over 200,000 records.
- 7-Sep Tempe, AZ - The Marquee
- 8-Sep Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre
- 12-Sep San Diego, CA - Canes
- 13-Sep Anaheim, CA - Grove of Anaheim
- 15-Sep Austin, TX - Antones
- 16-Sep Austin, TX - Austin City Limits Music Festival
- 11-Oct Miami, FL - Studio A
- 13-Oct Fullton County, GA - The Echo Project
- 15-Oct Richmond, VA - Toad’s Place
- 17-Oct Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre
- 18-Oct Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
- 19-Oct New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom
- 21-Oct Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
- 23-Oct Milwaukee, WI - The Rave
- 25-Oct Minneapolis, MN - Fine Line Music Cafe
- 27-Oct Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
- 28-Oct Detroit, MI - St. Andrew’s Hall
- 31-Oct Seattle, WA - Paramount Theater
- 1-Nov Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
- 3-Nov Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theatre
- 4-Nov Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theatre