World’s largest voice-coil subwoofer for high SPL at extended lows
AES - NYC (October 5, 2007) — ADAM Audio, a leading provider of high-end studio monitors, is now shipping their newest and largest subwoofer to date, the Sub2100. This new sub is designed to support mid- field and main monitors in substantial surround systems, and larger control rooms requiring more power for extended low frequencies.
The Sub2100 combines an enormous 21” paper woofer with an ICE Amp capable of delivering 1000 watts of continuous power, housed in a bass-reflex enclosure tuned to reproduce frequencies down to 20 Hz. The massive power and the extremely high efficiency (99 dB/W/m) enable this system to produce linear SPL peaks of 128 dB without any significant compression. Essential to the performance of this woofer is its gigantic voice coil. At 152 mm, it is the largest voice coil available in the world toady. This unique speaker “motor” controls the cone’s movement completely, enabling it to reach the highest SPL in the lowest frequencies perceivable by the human ear. A detailed control panel including phase, filter, and level controls allow the Sub2100 to be dialed in to the specific needs of varied control rooms.
- Active bass reflex speaker
- Woofer - 543 mm (21“), paper
- Freq.response - 18 Hz - 150 Hz (± 3 dB)
- Panel - Gain, filter adjustment, phase reverse button, mode button, satellite hpf button
- Power - 1000 W (sin), 1200 W (RMS)
- Maximum SPL ≥ 128 dB
- Inputs - Stereo XLR, stereo RCA (unbalanced)
- Outputs — Satellite stereo XLR and RCA, sub out XLR
- W x H x D - 23.6” x 33.5” x 27.7”
- Weight - 187.4 lbs
- Warranty - 2 years
Pricing and Availability:
Sub2100 - $6,000. Available now.