Sint-Martens-Latem, Belgium, October 1, 2007 — Image Line Software, the developers of FL Studio, introduces to the market its latest audio tool - the Multiband Maximizer Maximus. It combines high quality Maximizer, Compressor, Limiter, Noise Gate, Expander, Ducker and De-esser. It can be used either as a mastering plugin or as a per-track effect.
“Maximus will quickly become one of the most rewarding tools in your recording and mixing arsenal”, noted its developer and Chief Software Architect at Image Line Software, Didier Dambrin.
To enhance and improve the final track Maximus applies level maximization via compression and or limiting across three frequency bands (High, Mid and Low). It takes the input signal, passes it through a variable high-pass filter and splits it into these three frequency bands.
“Used sparingly, Maximus raises the volume of the track without introducing unwanted distortion and ensures that the quieter parts, often lost in the mix, are more easily heard”, explained Didier Dambrin.
Maximus comes with four independent compression envelopes — one for each of the three bands and Master envelope (applied to the combined output of the three sub-bands). Compressing key frequency bands independently allows Maximus to avoiding the pumping effects that can arise when compressing is applied to the whole frequency spectrum. In the end, this means more transparent compression or louder maximization depending on the users needs. The fully editable compression curve for each of the four compressors allows Maximus to create any shaped knee or special compression effect.
- 3 independent user-definable High Mid Low (HML) frequency bands.
- Custom look-ahead for the HML bands and Master compression envelopes.
- 4 limiter/compressors: One per HML band plus a Master wide band limiter/compressor.
- Each compressor has a multipoint compression curve. Create any shaped knee or special effects (limiting, compression, gating or expansion).
- Fully configurable. Any of the HML or Master compressors can be bypassed to configure Maximus to suit any limiting, compression or maximization task.
- Two saturation types per HML & Master bands, with independent gain.
- Phase-free mixing between the frequency dependent compressors and the master, perfect for parallel & NY-style compression.
- 4 Independent stereo separation controls, one per band, for independent bass through to high-end separation shaping.
Note: Image-Line Software strongly encourages the responsible use of Maximization effects. How you choose to use Maximus when no-one is looking is up to you.
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista
- Processor: Minimum 2GHz AMD or Intel Pentium III compatible with SSE1 support,
- RAM: 512 MB
- Hard disk space: 130 MB
Price and availability
Image Line Software is pleased to announce an introductory offer of US $ 119 till the end of October. Regular retail pricing will be US $189.
Maximus can be ordered from FL Studio Web shop shop.flstudio.com
A fully functional demo is available at www.image-line.com/documents/maximus.html