Montebello, CA (30 March 2007) — The innovative new FireOne from TASCAM and Frontier Design Group, is a FireWire audio interface that combines stereo audio I/O with a great-looking and feeling control interface, is now shipping. Better still, the FireOne includes a copy of Live Lite 6 TASCAM Edition, the music creation, production and performance software from Ableton. Live’s drag and drop interface makes it easy to seamlessly move from basic song ideas, to studio production, to the stage.
“The FireOne is the most exciting TASCAM FireWire interface ever,” says Johnny DeLeon, Computer Products Channel Manager for TASCAM. “Its unmistakable, portable design fits your hand like a glove. Top that with detailed audio quality and the most innovative recording software and you have an unbeatable package for inspiring great music.”
The FireOne features a pair of mic inputs with phantom power, pad and line switches. A guitar input switch for recording direct and MIDI input and output are also provided. It will be the first FireWire interface in its class to record and play at up to 192kHz/24-bit resolution (with a future free software update). In addition to its weighted & backlit jog wheel, the FireOne has transport keys and eight shortcut keys to control functions in audio applications like Logic Pro, SONAR, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, and Live.
Main features of Live Lite 6 TASCAM Edition:
- Elastic Audio including Auto Warp, which automatically detects the tempo of audio material and sets Warp Markers
- A versatile, comprehensive collection of sounds
- Real-time control
- Full Arranger Editing
- 22 Live Audio effects
- 6 Live Midi effects
- VST support for instruments and third party effects
- ’Simpler” instrument for creative sample-based synthesis
- ’Impulse” instrument for dynamic percussion sound design
- Supports Windows XP/SP2, Mac OSX (PPC and Intel)