Scotts Valley, CA, October 6, 2006 - Antares Audio Technologies has announced the impending release of Auto-Tune 5, the next generation of the worldwide standard in professional pitch correction.
Hailed by the audio press as a “Holy Grail of recording,” Auto-Tune has stood for almost a decade as the professional pitch correction tool of choice and one of the world’s best-selling audio plug-ins. Like previous versions of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune 5 provides the ability to correct the pitch of a voice or solo instrument in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance. Auto-Tune 5 includes an Automatic Mode for real-time pitch correction as well as a Graphical Mode that displays the pitch envelope of the audio to be corrected along with a selection of graphical tools that allow precise manipulation of the performance’s pitch.
Building on the great sound quality, transparent processing and ease of use that have always distinguished Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune 5 adds significant new features as well as a sleek new user interface.
Key new features of Auto-Tune 5 include:
- Improved pitch detection algorithm: While Auto Tune’s patented pitch detection technology has always provided unmatched speed and accuracy, Auto-Tune 5 introduces improvements in performance with marginal quality (noisy, poorly isolated, etc.) audio.
- A sleek new interface: As Auto-Tune’s features have proliferated from version to version, Antares has continually focused on maintaining its ease of use. With Auto-Tune 5, they have undertaken a complete graphic redesign. The result is both easy on the eyes and logically groups related controls for intuitive functionality.
- Consolidated Pitch Tracking control: The previously separate Automatic and Graphical Mode Tracking controls have been consolidated into a single control and relocated to the Options dialog for set-it-andforget-it simplicity.
Automatic Mode Features
- Humanize function: For those concerned about pitch correction that is “too perfect,” the Humanize function allows one to set a fast retune speed for short notes, while still allowing natural variation in held notes, for results that are even more natural and realistic.
- Realtime natural vibrato adjustment: The new realtime Natural Vibrato function allows one to modify (either increasing or decreasing) the depth of any vibrato that is present in the original performance.
Graphical Mode Features
- Larger Pitch Edit Display: The Pitch Edit Display is now bigger. Lots bigger.
- Sync to host transport (host dependent): For hosts that provide valid time information, Auto-Tune 5 will now maintain sync with the host program. Once one has tracked audio and created correction curves, one can move around in the track at will. No more having to always start playback at exactly the same location.
- Selectable Clock Source: For hosts that do not provide valid time information, Auto-Tune 5’s clock display and selection functions allows the use of an internal time reference for Auto-Tune 4 style operation.
- Realtime pitch tracking display: During the Track Pitch process, the graphic representation of the pitch and envelope will be displayed in realtime as the audio plays.
- Full-time correction mode (host dependent): Whenever Auto-Tune 5 is not specifically tracking audio, Auto-Tune 5 will be operating in correction mode. There is no longer any need to press a “Correct Pitch” button. Besides being convenient, that makes possible the following feature:
- Multiple simultaneous Graphical Mode instances (host dependent): One can now have multiple instances of Auto-Tune Graphical Mode operating on different tracks simultaneously, even if their windows are not open. In previous versions, since one had to have plug-in windows open to engage Correct Pitch mode, only open instances could be active. No longer.
- Editing functions no longer modal: One can now use all of the graphical editing features while Auto-Tune 5 is either tracking or correcting pitch.
- Enhanced Envelope Display functionality: Changes to the Envelope Display behavior make it much more useful for quick and easy navigation around audio files:
- Realtime graphical vibrato depth adjustment: The Adjust Vibrato control allows one to modify the depth of vibrato in a performance while preserving the contour of the original vibrato. Moving this control results in a real-time graphical representation of the resulting vibrato contour.
- Compatibility with Pen Tablet Input: With a pen tablet, one can control Auto-Tune 5’s graphical tools (as well as all the other controls) using a familiar pen-style input device. A pen tablet can offer increased drawing accuracy with less wrist stress in long sessions.
“With Auto-Tune 5, we’ve focused on two key areas,” said Marco Alpert, Antares VP of Marketing. “The first is providing tools for even more natural pitch correction. Certainly the most dramatic is the new Humanize function that produces the kind of results in Automatic Mode that would have previously required Graphical Mode. The second area of focus is enhanced productivity and ease of workflow. In addition to the redesigned interface, the much larger Pitch Graph display, combined with refined tool behaviors and the ability to sync to the host transport make editing and navigation in large files quick, easy and efficient.”
Auto-Tune 5 will available in early November for TDM (Mac OSX and PC), RTAS (Mac OSX and PC), VST (Mac OSX and PC) and Audio Units (Mac OS X) at a U.S. MSRP of $399.00 for the Native versions and $649.00 for TDM versions. All Macintosh versions are universal binaries.
Upgrades to Auto-Tune 5 will be available for purchase and download by current registered Auto-Tune owners. Anyone who purchases and registers a copy of Auto-Tune 4 after September 15, 2006 will be entitled to a free upgrade to Auto-Tune 5.