Adorned with a stunning 5A quilted maple top and OCC-tooled chrome platework, this commemorative musical instrument is built to the exact specifications of Hartley Peavey and OCC as chronicled on TLC’s “American Chopper” series.
In a two-episode reality TV duel billed “Custom Shop Meets Custom Shop,” Peavey and his designers created this completely original guitar design with Team Teutul—Paul Sr., Paulie and Mikey Teutul and the Orange County Choppers crew—while OCC designed a Peavey-themed chopper with a working guitar amplifier that really cranks.
This Peavey Custom Shop guitar is limited to a run of 100 handcrafted rock & roll masterpieces that ship with a memorabilia package including a display case, travel case, serialized commemorative plaque, accessories, autographed memorabilia and an “American Chopper” DVD documenting the guitar and chopper design.
“I can’t wait to walk into a guitar shop and see that guitar hanging on the wall,” said Paul Teutul Sr. “After working with Hartley and his team, I can see why musicians have stuck with Peavey for 42 years. I’m proud to have the Orange County Choppers name on a custom Peavey guitar.”
The Peavey-themed OCC chopper and Peavey Custom Shop guitar made famous on “American Chopper,” “The Late Show With David Letterman” and “Fox & Friends” is also burning up the asphalt on the Custom Shop Meets Custom Shop Tour all summer. For up-to-date tour listings, please visit www.peavey.com/occtour.
Peavey revolutionized guitar making in the 1970s with the Peavey T-60™, the first guitar made using CNC computer-controlled machinery—a move that bridged the gap between the vintage and modern eras in guitar making. Peavey Custom Shop musical instruments are crafted by seasoned luthiers in Mississippi, the Birthplace of American Music.
Peavey encourages musicians and collectors to contact their local Peavey retailers to order the limited-edition Peavey Orange County Choppers Custom guitar package.
- • Handcrafted in the Peavey Custom Shop
- 24 ¾″ scale with 24 frets
- Mahogany set-neck and body with ebony fretboard
- 5A quilted maple top
- Schaller® die-cast machine heads (18:1)
- Chrome hardware and picks
- Chrome Dunlop® strap locks
- Dual torsion rod
- Tune-o-maticTM bridge and patented Dual Compression® tailpiece
- Two custom-wound humbucking pickups
- Volume/Volume/Tone configuration
- Chrome plates custom-tooled by Orange County Choppers
- Display and travel cases included
- Custom Orange County Choppers strap
- Serialized commemorative plaque
- Autographed memorabilia
- “American Chopper” DVD documenting the guitar and chopper design