1 June 2007 - Since forming near Seattle in 1981, Queensryche has sold over 20 million albums and remained one of the most influential hard rock bands in the world. Their virtuoso sound is a metal roar with a cerebral prog-rock bent that’s always set them apart, especially on 1988’s GRAMMY-nominated platinum masterpiece Operation: Mindcrime, one of rock music’s greatest concept albums. Forged out of Reagan-era political angst, its sonic charge and visionary storyline are spellbinding. The band -- still driven by four of five original members -- reprised it with Rhino’s equally hard-hitting 2006 sequel Operation: Mindcrime II, an epic tale of “rock, revenge and redemption” that entered Billboard at #14 (their highest debut in years). In late “06, Queensryche staged a series of concerts performing the entire saga in sequence via a full theatrical production, with actors playing key roles and an intermission separating the two albums” songs. MINDCRIME AT THE MOORE now brings this extraordinary experience to fans everywhere.
Photo Credit: Greg Watermann
- 2-DVD set of Queensryche’s epic theatrical staging of the entire two-part MINDCRIME saga, plus bonus extras.
- Filmed on October 13, 14, & 15, 2006 at the Moore Theater in Seattle, the band’s home base.
- Disc 1 spotlights riveting concert performances of the fifteen songs introduced on 1988’s Operation: Mindcrime.
- Disc 2 highlights from Operation: Mindcrime II’s seventeen tracks.
- Summer tour begins at the end of May, followed up with a opening slot on the Black Sabbath “Heaven & Hell” tour starting in September.
- Color/approximately 163 minutes.
- Release Date: 7/3/2007
- $29.99 Disc
- Rhino Home Video 972720