Despite its success in priming over 20,000 musicians, producers, engineers, vocalists and music industry professionals for careers in every contemporary genre of music— rock, funk, R&B, hip-hop, jazz, blues, and fusion, among others— Musicians Institute (MI) is still one of the best kept secrets in the music education field. Located in the heart of Hollywood , just blocks from the Capitol Records tower, MI has an incredible history of innovation dating back to its origins in 1977 as the Guitar Institute of Technology (GIT), which broke new ground as a performance-based contemporary music school taught by working professionals. Within a few years, GIT was joined by bass and drum programs to form Musicians Institute and the evolution has continued to this day with degree and certificate programs for career-minded guitarists, bassists, drummers, vocalists, keyboardists, recording engineers, independent producers, guitar makers, music business professionals and filmmakers.
Recap Event Details:
- Who: The World’s Most Innovative Contemporary Music School - Musicians Institute
- What: Musicians Intitute’s Guitar Program (GIT) presents Joe Diorio Benefit Concert / Fundraiser
- Where: Musicians Institute, Room P- 100, 1655 McCadden Place, Hollywood , CA 90028 (323) 860-1161 www.mi.edu
- When: Thursday, May 31st, 2007 at 7:30pm
- Details: Open to the public - TICKETS are $20, $10 (students) at the door. (P-100 main concert hall)