MEDUCTIC, Canada (May 14, 2006) — Canada-based SABIAN, the award winning innovative cymbal company, brings its celebrated Vault Tour to seven cities across Western Canada commencing June 5 through 15. Designed to give local drummers the opportunity to get up close and personal with SABIAN’s master craftsmen, the Vault Tour features demonstrations in hand hammering, cymbal lathing, as well as the opportunity to have their cymbal sets sonically matched. Another highlight is the wide range of rare prototype cymbals and select models brought in from the SABIAN Vault that are available for purchase.
According to SABIAN master product specialist Mark Love, who collaborates with such noted Canadian SABIAN players as Neil Peart (Rush), Tyler Stewart (Barenaked Ladies), and Daniel Adair (Nickelback): “The Vault Tour is a great chance for players and store personnel to meet SABIAN, and for SABIAN to meet and learn from them. Through previous Vault Tour conversations we developed several new cymbals, so hearing what drummers and percussionists are thinking is very important to us.”
Also featured on the tour will be SABIAN’s 2007 new cymbal introductions including the new-look Xs20 series, AAX and HHX X-Celerator Hats featuring their highly effective “Air Wave” bottom cymbal, multi-holed AAX O-Zone Splashes and Crashes, and a selection of big sounding 20-inch crashes.
Continued Love: “It’s great to be taking the Vault Tour to Western Canada, because there have been so many requests for these dates from Canadian drummers since we launched this event a couple years ago.”
Where to see the SABIAN Vault Tour:
- Surrey : June 5 (Long & McQuade)
- Kelowna : June 6 (Wentworth Music)
- Edmonton : June 8 (Long & McQuade)
- Calgary : June 9 (Axe Music)
- Saskatoon : June 11 (Long &McQuade)
- Regina : June 12 (Long & McQuade)
- Winnipeg : June 14 (Mother’s Music)
SABIAN Vault Tour activities include:
- Cymbal Selection Advice — Attendees can create their ideal arrangement by working one-on-one with SABIAN specialists, including Master Specialist Mark Love.
- Hand Hammering Demonstrations — Using traditional methods, SABIAN artisans will be hand hammering cymbals to show how they create the vintage Hand Hammered tone.
- Cymbal Lathing Demonstrations — Cutting tonal grooves into cymbals is a fine art, with the surface of the dark cymbal exterior cut away to reveal the beauty and the sound of the bronze beneath.
SABIAN is globally renowned as the world’s leading designer and maker of musical cymbals. With endorsers including major drummers Phil Collins, Neil Peart (Rush), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Keith Harris (Black Eyed Peas) and Bob Bryar (My Chemical Romance), as well as renowned percussionists within the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Los Angeles Symphony, Royal Opera House — Covent Garden and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, this award-winning company offers cymbals and sounds for every musical application, playing level and price point. Known for combining centuries-old traditional craftsmanship with modern innovation, SABIAN ensures quality and value in every cymbal. The company also prides itself on eco-friendly practices; a cymbal recycling program is one of its many longstanding “green” initiatives, as is a commitment to working with brands that share likeminded environmental values. Headquartered in Meductic, New Brunswick, Canada, and with offices in the US, the UK, Europe and the Far East, SABIAN is also the world’s largest cymbal maker.