With vielklang musicians can easily generate and prototype natural-sounding background vocals and brass sections, modify melodies and single-voiced loops in terms of pitch and scale, and experiment with various harmonizations or chords triggered by different MIDI-inputs. It allows the user to synthesize up to four voices, edit harmonies and single pitches, and convert audio to MIDI.
The four voices don’t simply move in parallel, their individual progression is controlled by a complete set of voice leading rules and sophisticated harmony progression models. This musical intelligence and knowledge lets the user focus entirely on musical issues, rather than technical or theoretical ones. vielklang helps to achieve musically meaningful results without having to bother about root note, scale, tuning frequency, harmony progression and voice leading.
While vielklang provides instant and meaningful results, experienced users also have the option of changing harmonization parameters like the range (ambitus) or distribution of the voices, modifying root note and scale, editing single harmonies and changing individual pitches in each of the voices.
vielklang’s main features:
- instant 4-voice harmonization of any single-voiced audio input
- integrated voice leading and harmony progression models, resulting in entirely natural-sounding automatic harmonization
- one-click modification of key scales and harmonies
- high quality, formant preserving, flexible pitch shifting
- audio-to-MIDI functionality for all voices
- customizable user interface
vielklang is available for AU and VST for OSX and Windows at vielklang.zplane.de for an introductory offer of Euro 159,- / USD 199,- until May 31st, 2007. After that vielklang retails for Euro 179,-/ USD 249,