619 Lexington Avenue (at 54th Street), New York City
International Women in Jazz
and Midtown Arts Common / The Jazz Ministry at Saint Peter’s Church
March 1, 2007 — International Women In Jazz (www.internationalwomeninjazz.com), Midtown Arts Common / The Jazz Ministry at Saint Peter’s Church will present their first annual jazz festival with a photographic exhibit of women musicians, live jazz jam, performance etiquette workshop, “What Is Jazz?” workshop for youth, concerts featuring dynamic bands led by women jazz musicians and a major concert Saturday evening featuring the renown vocalist Ann Hampton Callaway. The Women in Jazz Festival 2007, takes place April 20-22 at Saint Peter’s Church, 619 Lexington Avenue (at 54th Street), New York City.
Festival Event Schedule
Friday, April 20 6:00-10:00 p.m. Photo Exhibit Opening and Reception featuring Photographs of Women Jazz Artists by jazz photographer Norm Harris including live jazz jam featuring women jazz musicians
Saturday, April 21
- 10:00 a.m.-Noon “Performance Etiquette and Other Tips to Further Your Career” presented by Sheila Anderson, author and WBGO on-air host
- 2:30-5:15 p.m.Three (3) International Women in Jazz Bands in Concert
- 2:30-4:00 p.m. “What Is Jazz?” Workshop for Youth
- 7:30-10:00 p.m. Ann Hampton Callaway in Concert
Sunday, April 22
- 5:00—6:30 p.m.Jazz Vespers with Kate McGarry Band
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. Concert featuring Past IWJ Youth-in-Jazz Awardees with International Women in Jazz band followed by Carla Cook in concert
Tickets / Suggested Donation:
- Friday evening, April 20 - Freewill Offering
- Saturday, April 21 - $20 Day Events - $25 Evening Concert
- Sunday evening, April 22 - Freewill offering for Jazz Vespers - $20 Evening Concert
- 3-Day Weekend Special - $50 for All Performances and Events
International Women in Jazz, Midtown Arts Common /The Jazz Ministry at Saint Peter’s Church, continuing their partnership, are presenting this festival to recognize the achievements and significance of women jazz musicians and to give women jazz musicians the opportunity to share their talent with other members of the jazz world.
Additional donations are gladly accepted. Please send your check written to “International Women in Jazz” at P.O. Box 230015, Hollis NY 11423. Note for “Women in Jazz Festival 2007.” Your name will be listed in the Festival Program.
Advertising opportunities are available. Call 917-885-7345 for more information.
Saint Peter’s Church: www.saintpeters.org or 212-935-2200
Lexington Avenue stop on the “E” and “V” trains, 51st Street stop on the “6” train