October 17, 2006 — Electro-Voice is extremely proud to have one of the most versatile and talented bassists in the world on its list of artist endorsers. With a pedigree that spans from White Lion to Ozzy Osbourne, Black Label Society, and now Megadeth, it’s an understatement to say that James Lomenzo is on the “A list”. However, even though James is highly sought after for recording and touring by the industry’s top musical acts, he remains humble and courteous, a real gentleman.
A fan of Electro-Voice wired and wireless mics, James uses the EV RE20 and RE27N/D in the studio and on stage to capture his signature sound. When the venue or tour requires wireless—as is often the case with Megadeth—James uses the EV RE-1 wireless system, which provides flat, unaffected sound down to 30 Hz!
Currently on his way to Australia for a number of dates with Dave Mustaine and company, James still found time to talk with us recently. In place of a bio, he has supplied us with his “vital stats”. Please read on:
James Lomenzo’s Vital Stats
- DOB: January 13, 1959
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Height: 5’7″
- Weight: 150 lbs.
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blonde
- Status: Married
- Siblings: 2 Brothers
- First Band: Sir Donicus
- Other Bands: Black Label Society, David Lee Roth, Slash’s Snakepit, Pride & Glory, Ozzy Osbourne, Ace Frehley, White Lion...
- Band/Album: The Who/Quadrophenia
- Movie: “The Tingler” (Vincent Price)
- Meal/Food: Mexican/Italian/Indian
- Book: I Am Legend (Richard Matheson)
- Politician: Robert Kennedy
- Historical Figure: Jesus Christ
- Holiday: Halloween
- Song on TSHF: Kick The Chair
- Mega Solo: Kick The Chair
- Favorite Venue: Madison Square Garden
- TV Shows: Politically Incorrect
- Cliché: 80’s Metal
- Most memorable concert: Too many to list, Paul McCartney & Wings “75
- Played: Too Many to list (still love Madison Square Garden)
- Hobbies: Photography, Computer Art
- Most Important Life Lesson: When one door closes another one opens...
- What do you like to do to relax while touring: I like to “Hit the Bricks” basically walk around town and explore
- Occupation if not a musician: Photo Journalist