Anaheim CA, WINTER NAMM 2007 (booth 6800), (January 18, 2007) — Cakewalk, the world’s leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, today announces new versions of its popular SONAR Home Studio and SONAR Home Studio XL titles.
SONAR Home Studio 6 and SONAR Home Studio 6 XL feature the power of Cakewalk’s flagship SONAR 6 paired with a feature set, price, and ease-of-use geared towards home studio owners and budget-conscious musicians.
- Designed for compatibility with Microsoft® Windows® Vista™
- Core feature set based on SONAR 6.2
- Quick Start guide, Track Presets, Project Templates, and Video Tutorials make getting started easy
- Sleek new interface enhances ease of use and allows customization of views, colors, and toolbars
- New mixing console with per-track Sonitus:fx parametric EQ
- 10 new professional audio effects
- Active Controller Technology (ACT) lets users easily control and automate effects, instruments, and their mix from MIDI controllers by automatically remapping controls to whatever has the focus
- Rip from and burn to CD directly from SONAR Home Studio
- Automate tracks, effects, and instruments easily with enhanced automation tools
- MIDI Input Quantize corrects the timing of MIDI performances in real-time
- Freeze tracks, effects, and virtual instruments to conserve CPU power
- Native and fully integrated support for VST plug-ins, no wrapper required
- DropZone sampler with extended library of instrument sounds including a Drum Pack and Bass Pack
- Cakewalk Publisher lets users present and stream their music on the Internet
Innovative Cakewalk Publisher Helps users market their music
SONAR Home Studio 6 introduces Cakewalk Publisher, an innovative new tool that helps users publish and present their music online. Cakewalk Publisher allows SONAR Home Studio customers to create a customized, online, streaming music player with playlists of their music that can then be directly uploaded from SONAR Home Studio to band websites, MySpace pages, and other Internet sites.
SONAR Home Studio 6 XL
SONAR Home Studio XL adds exceptional value and more power with a selection of over one gigabyte of instrument sounds, Boost 11 peak limiter, Session Drummer 2 drum instrument, and more.
SONAR Home Studio XL Exclusives:
Boost 11 Peak Limiter— Get more volume and punch from your final mix with this easy to use peak limiter/maximizer. Boost 11 gives you professional results with a simple to use interface.
Dimension LE — A special version of the acclaimed synth from Cakewalk. Features over 400 sound programs, ranging from real bass, organ and electric piano samples to cutting-edge synth sounds and rhythmic grooves.
Garritan Pocket Orchestra — Expands Dimension LE with more instrument sounds from the leader in orchestral soundware. Add pristine string sections, brass, woodwinds, and orchestral percussion to your compositions.
Session Drummer 2 — Create the perfect drum track for any project. Build a foundation for your song with Session Drummer 2’s customizable drum kits. Play drums or trigger built in live-feel patterns from your MIDI controller for ultimate control.
US Pricing and Availability
SONAR Home Studio 6 has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $139 U.S., SONAR Home Studio 6 XL has an MSRP of $209 U.S.. Both will be shipping late February, 2007.
Registered SONAR Home Studio 4 customers can upgrade to SONAR Home Studio 6 directly through Cakewalk for $49. Other upgrade paths are available.
Pricing and Availability Outside the US
SONAR Home Studio 6 and SONAR Home Studio 6 XL ship with English, French, and German printed documentation, and Italian and Spanish electronic Quick Start guides; along with English, French, German, and Spanish software.
SONAR Home Studio 6 is available through Roland and Edirol distribution partners. In Europe, SONAR Home Studio 6 has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of €105.00/£71.00 inc. VAT, and SONAR Home Studio 6 XL has an MSRP of € 158.00/£107.00 inc. VAT.
SONAR Home Studio 6 is available through Roland and Edirol distribution partners. In Europe, SONAR Home Studio 6 has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of €105.00/£79.00 inc. VAT, and SONAR Home Studio 6 XL has an MSRP of € 158.00/£100.00 inc. VAT.
Both will be shipping late February, 2007. Upgrades will be available to registered SONAR Home Studio customers and other Cakewalk customers in Europe direct from Cakewalk.com or in the retail channel starting at €37.00/£25.00.