The single-channel Windsor Studio features a footswitchable Boost button, which increases the preamp level to allow the flexibility of a dual-channel amp plus control over the dynamic response and rich distortion characteristics of its class-A tube power topology. The Boost function can be used as an overdrive feature for the power section or simply as a volume boost for soloing.
This 15-watt amplifier uses two 12AX7 preamp tubes and one EL34 power-amp tube in a single- ended configuration with no negative feedback. The power section is designed to accommodate 6L6GC, 6550, 6CA7, KT88 and KT66 octal power tubes, as well as variations on those types. Peavey’s exclusive new Power Sponge™ output attenuator incrementally adjusts the power output of the amplifier while maintaining the distortion characteristics of the power amp at any chosen volume level.
Also onboard is a transformer-balanced XLR direct output with a unique microphone simulator that allows players to send the amplifier signal to a recording device or front-of-house mix without the use of a microphone. Additional features include true spring reverb, preamp volume, master volume, three-band tone equalization, footswitchable effects loop and a single 12” loudspeaker.
The Peavey Windsor Studio will be available from authorized Peavey retailers in Q2 2007.
- Class A power amp designed to use various octal power tubes, including EL34 (stock), 6L6GC, 6550, 6CA7, KT88, KT66, KT77, KT90, KT100 or any variation on these types
- Two 12AX7/ECC83 preamp tubes
- 15 watts RMS into 4, 8 or 16 ohms (selectable)
- Exclusive Power Sponge output power attenuator
- No negative feedback in power amp
- High and low gain inputs
- Preamp gain
- Low, mid and high EQ
- Footswitchable Boost
- Footswitchable effects loop
- Master volume
- Spring reverb with level control
- Transformer-balanced XLR recording output with unique mic simulator
- XLR ground lift switch
- Dual speaker outputs
- Power and standby switches
- 12” loudspeaker
- U.S. MSRP $499.99