The AXON AX 50 USB offers additional options, such as a USB port with four additional virtual MIDI ports, which makes it ideal for state-of-the-art, computer-based studios. With its 32-bit RISC processor, the guitar-to-MIDI controller immediately translates the vibrations from each string that you strike or strum and sends information about the pitch, dynamics and tone duration to the connected MIDI sound generator. The MIDI sound generator brings music to life using any sound a player chooses. Simply plug in and play to transform a guitar, bass or violin into a synthesizer, an electric piano or a saxophone. Anything is possible - even the simultaneous playing of several instruments.
The AXON AX 50 USB allows to control an external instrument and up to four other software sound machines on the computer: a MIDI-OUT connector and four additional virtual MIDI ports via USB make all of this possible. TerraTec Producer also provides 128 sounds based on the renowned “KONTAKT” Player by Native Instruments for plug and play operation, and of course all the sounds are multitimbral. AXON AX 50 USB lets players divide fingerboards and strings into up to 12 play zones, making it easy to control an entire orchestra. The editor included in the package allows making changes right on the computer.
Priced at 549.00 USD (MSRP) TerraTec Producer’s AXON AX 50 USB will be available right after NAMM Show 2007.
Key features & specific characteristics
- Extremely fast guitar-to-MIDI controller
- Patented early transient recognition system (ETR)
- Software editor for PC and MAC
- USB full speed connection for MIDI
- Hardware MIDI IN/OUT/THRU
- Four virtual MIDI ports via USB
- Compatible with electric and acoustic guitars and electric basses
- Support for Fret-, string and pick-splitting (up to 12 play area zones)
- 128 programmable presets
- Bright 7-segment display (three characters)
- Built-in tuner
- Instrument output for magnetic pickup signal