Inspired by the recent Seagull models especially made for U.K. international chart-topper James Blunt, the Seagull Artist Bursts are proudly and meticulously crafted in Canada by Godin Guitars. They are artfully created in a secluded acoustic studio, where some of the finest luthiers in the business are able put their care and time into bringing them to life.
Available in a 6-string dreadnought, and for the first time in the Artist series, a shimmering 12-string model. The attention to detail, craftsmanship and innovation can be seen and heard in all aspects of these guitars. The gorgeous High-gloss Custom Polished burst finish on both the body and the bound headstock (featuring the Artist series abalone/mother-of-pearl Seagull logo) allows the top to breathe and vibrate freely bringing out the true tone of the wood. This promotes the “aging” process, in which the guitar will actually sound better and better the more it is played over time. Other features include solid rosewood back and sides, mahogany neck with the new integrated neck system and a select pressure tested solid spruce top to ensure the highest level of stiffness, rigidity and optimal harmonic vibration. An intricate hearing bone inlaid rosette and hearing bone binding, along with the mother-of-pearl Seagull set into the 12th fret and the deluxe Tusq mother-of-pearl bridge pins top these instruments off beautifully.
It will be next to impossible for players to decide whether it was “love at first sight or love at first strum”, after they see and play these fine instruments for the first time.
- Neck: Honduras Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Top: Select Pressure Tested Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Rosewood
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood with deluxe Tusq bridge pins
- Saddle: Tusq (fully compensated)
- Top Nut: Tusq
- Finish: High gloss Custom Polished burst finish
- Scale: 24.84” (63 cm)
- Radius: 16” (40,6 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.8” (4,6 cm) 6-string and 1.9” (4,8 cm) 12-string
- Machine Heads: Seagull 14:1 gold machines with cream knobs
- Optional electronics: Quantum II or LR Baggs I-Beam Duet Electronics system
- Case: Includes Deluxe Tric Case